Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finally something Sweet that is good for you!










Title of Product: Sweet Potato

Description: Sweet Potato

Why do you like it?
Well to start, anything that starts with "sweet" should be good. I never liked these when I was a kid--even with marshmellows melted on top! Now I love to eat them as baked fries. After washing it off I slice it up in long slivers or long tiny rectangles cubes. I brush them with extra virgin olive oil, place them on a baking sheet, then sprinkle them with garlic salt and any other seasoning you like. Bake until they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They make a great side dish to any meat meal. Sweet potatoes are super-healthy for you and qualify as a vegetable, which I can always eat more of on a daily basis. It is a complex carbohydrate, and rich in beta carotene, and have more fiber than oatmeal.

Where did you buy it? Publix, Target

About how much was it? $.99/lb.

No comments: